List of known Wolverhampton Methodist Churches
The following list represents all the Methodist Churches associated
with the Darlington St. circuit (past and present) I know of in
Wolverhampton. Please let me know
of any additions to the list or further details of any of the churches.
Bethel Methodist Church (Primitive)
Corner of Lower Derry St, Dudley Rd.
- Bethesda Methodist Chrurch
Originally Trinity Reformed Church of England
Sited corner of Staveley Rd. and Waterloo Rd. (now car park to the Goal
Post public house)
Baptisms as T.R. C of E 1880 and as Bethesda Methodists until 1965
- Bushbury Methodist Church
- Cross St. Methodist Church
- Darlington St.
Baptisms 1793 onwards
- East Park
- Fallings Park Methodist Church
Baptisms from 1793
- Fordhouses Methodist
- Heath Town Wesleyan Methodists
- Little Moore Street Methodist Church
Later became East Park
- Lord St. Methodist Church
Corner of Lord St. and Brickkiln St.
Missionary church of Darlington St.
- Low Hill Methodist Church
- Moseley Village Methodist
Became East Park Methodist Church
- Mount Zion Methodist Church
Parkfield Rd. Primitive Methodists
Became part of St. John's with Ranelagh Rd. and Bethel congregations
- Pountney St.
Corner of Pountney Street and Thomas Street
In 1948 congregation joined Bethel Dudley Rd.
Originally a Darlington Street mission
Ranelagh Rd. Methodist (Wesleyan)
- Springfields Methodist Chapel
Vernon St. (originally Grimshore St.)
- Stratton Street
Park Village (off Cannock Rd.)
Baptisms from 1879
- St. John's
- Wednesfield Methodist Church
Wood End Rd.
- Wednesfield Primitive Methodists
- Wednesfield Trinity Methodists
opp. St. Thomases CofE
Return to main page